Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Cricket in Sweden

I say!

With Menzies IV to the left and Henry Morton to the right is Dr Z, our dear Swedish friend and academic. Dr Z is, like myself, an 'old Africa hand' and often visits these climes. He has, I believe, now given up crocodile hunting, but unlike myself, Dr Z is still a hunter, and has been known to bag the odd impala for the pot.

The following snap was taken when we visited Dr Z in Sweden, a while back, at a torp near Kisa. The torp was of wooden construction and dated back many years. It had its own lake, on which Dr Z took Menzies IV and Henry Morton fishing one day.


Naturally, we wanted to play cricket, but the pitch was rather overgrown.


Mrs M soon chipped in and did most of the hard clearing work.


With myself opening the batting and doubling as umpire, the visitors won the day by an innings and several runs over the locals, who appeared rather perplexed as to the rules of the game.

MM III

3 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

You Northerners are so cosmopolitan. And affluent. I have to save for a year just to visit the outlaws on Flat Island.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Mingin! Well done for getting the missis to do all the hard manual labour. Maybe she'd like to visit Edinburgh and dig my allotment! Hotboy

1:37 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

The boys look like they are having so much fun in the boat.
Mrs.M looks like she doesn't mind all of that hard work, she has a nice smile.
Again, thank you for bringing your part of the world into my home.
I love it.

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home