Friday, October 27, 2006

Christmas in the Caribbean

I say!

How wonderful to receive visitors to this blog. I shall certainly be returning the compliment.

And what an unexpected surprise! Mrs M and myself have been invited by some people in the entertainment industry, who must remain anonymous for obvious reasons, to spend Christmas in the Caribbean.

By then, my camera will have been returned from the repairers, and I shall hope to post some snaps of the celebrations. I shall be able to mix work with pleasure - a pitch inspection of the new Sir Vivian Richards Cricket Stadium, close by St John’s in Antigua, for starters. Menzies IV and Henry Morton will also travel there. Does Sir Cliff have a residence there? No, I think that's another island. Our residence will be at Jolly Harbour, on the west coast.

How wonderful. But, if there are any criminals reading this, let me assure them that 'Armed Response' have already been employed to secure the premises at Kalimbuka.

Now - here's a challenge for anyone who might read this. Below is a snap taken on my travels. From this location, many a seafarer embarked on adventures, as can be seen from the engraving. Can anyone locate this monument? You may have to click on the snap for a larger view.


MM III

7 Comments:

Blogger Cinderella said...

I am so jealous that you get to spend time rubbing elbows with the rich and famous....but happy for you also.

I have no idea where that Monument is from...Hudson? Ummm New York? lol..I have no clue as you can see, it's pretty sad...

Have a great weekend!

5:29 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Ahoy Menzies, the font on the stone is not Germanic or Celtic, perhaps new world. Also, "hudson bay coy" sounds North American. Is that the answer?

1:27 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Mingin'! It's Plymouth! No, Birmingham! Definitely, Portsmouth! No, Stirling! Hotboy

3:40 PM  
Blogger ion said...

One thinks of the South Pacific with Cook, but his first voyage was to map Newfoundland. Do I get a prize?

10:49 PM  
Blogger keda said...

bloody comprehensive schools.
didn't teach me nuffin.

i wanna come to the caribbean for krimbo.. sulking.
good job my geografies so bad i dunno where its at.

can i be excused sir?

1:54 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN.....
LOVE YA,
LEE ANN

6:21 PM  
Blogger zomba said...

I say!

No one has guessed the location yet. Amazingly, Hotboy has come the closest.

MM III

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home