Saturday, September 02, 2006

Unsavoury image

My goodness!

Last evening I found myself in a rather nice restaurant. I experienced a call of nature, and retired to the cloakroom. Whilst proceeding at the urinal, an image of RobMcJ's reconstruction came into my mind, and would not leave. Not very nice.

However, the evening was much cheered by the wine list. It was so pretentious, as I'm sure it was meant to be, that it was quite humorous. How is this for a description of the 'house red':

"Think of summer sun on the brow and naked frolicking haemadryads in dance. This wine's deliciously deep, chocolate and cherry ripe earthy wine could well induce something resembling a chromatic dream"

Unfortunately, the only chromatic dream I later experienced was, once again, of RobMcJ's reconstruction.

MM III

5 Comments:

Blogger Hotboy said...

Mingin! I hope it went well with cow's eyes and the pigs bladders in the mince pies! I hope the big game hunters are not going soft out there in Ifrica! Hotboy

3:13 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

MM - I know all my posts are pretty unsavoury, but which reconstruction had you in mind? Your link is broken. Not complaining, just explaining.

Hope the cuisine was less pretentious.

11:07 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Ah yes, I know now. They do say that men can't multitask.

11:09 PM  
Blogger keda said...

thats brilliant!
chocolate and cherry?? yuck. black forest gateux flavoured wine? that sounds like something my gran would have served in the late 70's.

i wonder what irvine welsh would have had to say about that wine. (loved the review you posted below.. i've been catching up a little)

9:09 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Yes, I would like a glass of that deliciously deep, chocolate and cherry ripe!
:)
Sorry about your dreams!

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home