Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Louisiana

I say!

Here are some more snaps from Louisiana. What a nice place it is.

I was taken to a 'ball game'. This is a most confusing game, with incomprehensible rules. As far as I could make out, the bowler is allowed to throw the ball with a bent arm. I was almost evicted for shouting "No ball!", until this rule was explained to me, and I explained that I was a visitor. When a batsman is caught out, that is the end of his team's innings, not merely his own. There are more than two innings. A friendly local explained more of the rules, and it did appear to be a wonderful game - I imagine more so, when one understands what is happening. Not really a patch on cricket for excitement, though.


I also attended a race meeting.


After betting on the bay, here I am, counting my winnings.


It is frighteningly easy to buy guns in Louisiana.


The pool at my residence.


MM III

5 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Baseball, America's past time, Racing and guns!
Wow, you have had some real experiences here in the US.
Did you swim a few laps in that pool, that would be a great way to cool down!
Great pictures.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Mingin! Did you buy a gun then? Did you get to shoot anyone with it? In baseball, are you allowed to throw the ball at the man? Now, that would be a game, much better than the creekit anyway! Hotboy

7:31 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

If the pitcher throws the ball and hits the batter, the batter gets to walk to first base!
:)

3:29 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Lee Ann: Do you mean limp? Do they do that on purpose? Is there a penalty? Sounds more like it anyway! Hotboy

12:08 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Hotboy, they are not supposed to hit the batter with the ball. That is why the batter gets a free base if he gets hit. Yes....it is most likely limping to first base..hahaha

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home