Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Chicago

I say!

Well done those of you who guessed Chicago as my previous location, and I sincerely apologise for spelling Potawatomi incorrectly. The clues were jotted down in haste from the excellent display about Chicago at the top of the Sears Building, which was once the tallest building in the world.

The cow in question belonged to Mrs O'Leary, who some say was responsible for the great fire in Chicago which resulted in the destruction of many buildings, some years back.

Cows feature in numerous places in Chicago, and I am not sure why. For example, in a road just down from my hotel I noticed this cow statue:



...and, my goodness, there was a model of a cow upside down in a nearby shop:



If its a ploy by the tourist authority to attract the Masaii market, I fear it may not be effective, though my Samburu friends will be most interested in the snaps.

Here's a snap taken from underneath "the El".



And another one of the wonderful Chicago skyline, taken from the Shedd Aquarium.


I have moved off now, and will post from my new location shortly.

MM III

4 Comments:

Blogger Hotboy said...

Mingin! Chicago and Aberdeen are practically interchangeable! I bet the cow in the photie was an Aberdeen Angus! Hotboy p.s. My guess is your next stop on the world tour will be Inverness!

3:03 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

I'm told they have cow statues all over Edinburgh too. Did you see any when you were there?

3:58 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Wow cows in Chicago...I had no idea!
Great pictures :)

10:28 AM  
Blogger zomba said...

I say Mr RobmcJ!

Did you not view my snaps of my Edinburgh visit?

MM III

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home