Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Z

I say!

I must just say that, before I proceed with Mr RobMcJ's 'Z' meme, that I very much enjoyed the latest news from the UnHeard of Herald concerning the controversy surrounding the release of the Ra Bliss Code film. Personally, I thought Tom Blank's portrayal of Hotboy was spot on. Prof. Ralwin's research results are rather disturbing, if true.

Ten words beginning with Z, including an explanation of what the word means to me and why.

ZANU and ZAPU. If only they had not fallen out, things could have been very different in the natural breadbasket of Africa.

Dr Zangrevta. My physician in Kalimbuka. A Serb with a history that cannot, should not, and will not be written. I believe that I am his only musungu patient, but nevertheless, his travel pills are excellent, and he has supplied me with a headed letter explaining that they are a requirement for my (unspecified) ailment. Very convenient.

Zomba. Kalimbuka is towards the west of this delightful town which was once the capital of Malawi. His Excellency The Life President Dr H Kamuzu Banda decided that a more appropriate capital city should be built in the central region of the country. A wise decision in many ways, as it meant development for that otherwise rather forgotten region.

Dr Z. My dear friend and hunter from Sweden, who will be returning to Africa in September. No relation to Dr Zangrevta.

Mrs Dr Z. His delightful wife.

ZZ Top. Magnificent band, and suitable for playing on the Toyota Landcruiser stereo system, very loudly, when travelling through the bush.

Zaire. A vast country in central Africa. Patrice Lumumba, a close friend of Dear Paw Paw, should have been its first President, however he met an untimely end.

Zimbabwe. Currently a tradegy of enormous proportions, and that applies not just to their cricket team. One of the most beautiful countries in the entire world.

Zimbabwe Ruins. Some might say that the entire country is now in ruins, but here is a snap taken at the official ruins - built several hundred years ago.



Zephyr Zodiac. My Dear father (Paw Paw) had a white Ford Zephyr Zodiac for a while when we were resident in the UK.

Zeus. Dr Z once had a gardener called Zeus. His shallots were superb.

Zebra. Here are some I snapped, from the bottom of Mt Kilimanjaro.



MM III

5 Comments:

Blogger Hotboy said...

Mingin! That was awful good. A tricky letter Z. I'd have been stuck on Zarathustra! Hotboy

11:37 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Excellent picture of the bulbous rock formations which, if you half-close your eyes, and follow it with Spud's girlfriend's video, is almost as good as an HNT (not one of mine).

But can you check whether your old man's car was a Zephyr or a Zodiac? As I recall, they were separate but similar models. I could be wrong, there's a first time for everything.

I remember the Mk III well, so space-age looking at the time. Jetsons style.

There's a lot of Z's in your life, I suppose that's Africa for you. And you didn't even have to use Zulu or Zambesi.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Good job...love it! Love ZZ Top, love the Zebras in the photo!
Have a great weekend.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

I just stopped back by and wanted to say that the Zimbabwe Ruins are spectacular.

6:00 PM  
Blogger keda said...

amazing. good job. fabulous ruins 'n zebras.

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home