Monday, May 22, 2006

Side trip to Prague

Well I say!

How wonderful it is to be in Europe, now that spring is here. The "hush hush" tour continueth. A fleeting stay in good old Blighty, then Prague, and now back in Blighty, with the forthcoming Test Match in Edgbaston to look forwards to this coming weekend, and then a sidetrip to visit god old Hotboy. To quote good old Hotboy, "We are fortunate creatures". What joy!

I must say, my residence in Prague was quite suitable. 5* of course.

Here are two snaps of my living area.





And one of the front follows. I would normally recommend any such establishement, where one is so carefully taken care of.



Here are the 'dancing buildings'.



My evening meal. Delightful!



Unfortunately, it was quite wet in Prague. Much 'mvula', as Doviko would say. Here is a snap of the Charles Bridge.



The main square - raining again!



Finally, the main square at night.



These, and other snaps from the hush hush tour, I'll be posting at http://www.flickr.com/photos/55202568@N00/.

MM III

6 Comments:

Blogger Hotboy said...

Mingin! What a fabulous blog this is! Nothing if not cosmopolitan. I was in Prague two years ago and didn't see the wobbly buildings. I don't think they should be allowed, especially with such good beer there. When you get to Edinburgh I'll have to show you my hut and allotment plot. I think Cabbage was going to come and help me with it. Hotboy
p.s. Prague is beautiful because we sold out the Czechs (?) to Adolf. We declared war when he wanted Poland and Warsaw got flattened. But isn't it great that there's no Iron Curtain anymore and we can visit Prague and such like, if we've got the money!

3:33 PM  
Blogger zomba said...

I say Hotboy!

I am SO looking forwards to seeing you in the near future. Will you take me to your allotment plot? Doviko is wanting to know all about it, and Cabbage has requested a full reprt, with a view to applying for a position.

When in Prague, I visited the Museum of Communism. I must say - it was a sobering experience. It explained what happened after 1968. Was that when you reached your fourtieth?

As for the money aspect, someone else is paying for the 'Hush Hush' tour, otherwise, of course, I could not travel.

Dr Zangrevta's purples (for travel) are wonderful, I must say.

MM III

4:05 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Wow, MM, this is beautiful. I want to be there. Your residence looks very nice. The building shown has wonderful architecture. Wow, the dancing buildings...I have never seen anything like that before.
What a meal, fit for a king, looks scrumptious.
Even in the rain, it looks like a wonderful place. Thank you so much for sharing.

7:40 PM  
Blogger keda said...

cwor. i'm liking the dancing buildings. or am i? hmm, not so sure nows i thinks about it. after a couple of beers it would be rather confusing.

anyway. i also agree about dear old blighty. though when i was there i rather liked the peeps. they all had their tits out and were rather smiley and friendly. though that could be down to the fact it was sunny for the first time in 32 years.

what do your boys trap? ladies i imagine if they are in bands, but one never knows of course....
thanks for the compliment about the animalets. they are vety grateful.

1:49 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

MM - superb pictures here and the rest on Flickr, your camera seems to work even better outside Africa.

I have picked the letter "Z" for that word list meme, although I understand you may not be in a position to do the list while you're on tour.

If you're in contact with Doviko, tell him his blog seems to be frozen in time.

12:56 AM  
Blogger zomba said...

I say!

What lovely strawberries you have in your garden, Keda. Not like RobMcJ's ones which appear a trifle deformed.

Poor Doviko - he rather thought that the recipe book offers would come flooding in when he started to publish his blog, and make him as rich and famous as Hotboy.

I will proceed with the 'Z' list.

MM III

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home