Saturday, July 01, 2006

Calling home

I say!

There seems to be a little problem with phoning Kalimbuka at the moment. Yesterday the lines were down, I believe, and today, no answer. So, Doviko, I expect you are monitoring this, and I grant you permission to report back via a Comment on this blog.

Well, I must say, it was very sad news about F.S Trueman. His life innings, ended on 75 today. One of England's best fastest bowlers, and he would have been saddened to watch the bowling today in the one-day match.

I must also say, how wonderful the hospitality was in Chicago. What hospitable people, and so very friendly.

Some final snaps from that city, and as Lee Ann knew, the name 'windy' came from the vociferous nature of its inhabitants, and not as Hotboy guessed, due to excessive gas in their digestive tracts.

The front entrance area of the Hyatt Hotel. A very large establishment, requiring a detailed map to find one's way.


Downtown.




Downtown at night.


Must dash. Apparently there's a game of football this afternoon.

MM III

4 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Informative pics. They have McDonalds in Chicago too? I thought it was just in the islands.

What kind of camera you using? It seems to give good results.

Doviko must be wondering where you're off to next. As are we all. Bon voyage and commiserations re England's exit.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Mingin! The last photie is a really good one! What were you doing wandering around in the dark? Let us know and I promise not to tell Mrs Mingin! Hotboy

4:30 PM  
Blogger zomba said...

I say Doviko, please could you be more discrete. I do not think we need to know about Mrs M's situation.

I shall try to phone Kalimbuka when I am sober - next week sometime.

Please give Farley two worm pills. They are in the pantry, on the second shelf, in a red package. Please also give Casper one pill, in case he has them as well.

Tell Cabbage not to worry. It is perfectly allright for Seed to fill in for him until he is fit for work.

I take it that it was a black mambo. Did you kill it? If not, let the dogs sleep in the quarters tonight.

Milngavie

5:03 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

MM - is 'Doordepurt' another typo, like with the Potowani wild goose chase? It doesn't help.

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home