Thursday, January 18, 2007

London and Antigua

I say!

A lot of people have asked me (well, Doviko, our cook, asked me, and so did Cabbage, the gardener, and also Harry, in the 'Hostile' Bar) what I noticed in London, whilst stopping over there on the way to Antigua.

I noticed the following:

Most Londoners carry a small water bottle with them, wherever they go, despite the fact that the temperature is not high and London is not in a desert.

Most Londoners listen to iPods whilst in transit from one place to another - on the Tube, on buses, and whilst walking in the street.

There is much more prevalence of obesity in London than I remember from my last trip.

Many Londoners seem to have learnt to speak Polish, and practice this constantly.

Here are some snaps which show how wonderfully attractive a place Antigua is.

Above - the view from our villa.

Darkwood Beach

I seem to remember that this is the Urlings village.

More villas at Jolly Harbour.

MM III


4 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Antigua looks great in your pics. If only I had played my cards right when hotboy set me up with a St Lucia lass, you could have dropped in for an MGT.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

I have never been to London, but I would love to someday.
Those photos of Antiqua are spectacular. They almost look like postcards.
The bottom photo looks similar to some areas of South Florida except for the mountains in the background.
Thanks for sharing...beautiful!
~xo

9:38 AM  
Blogger keda said...

having just returned from london myself i'd have to agree. funny that the copiuous water consumption hasn't helped with the weight loss really.

as for the polish.. on a train ride back from a fun night in londinium to cornwall, i was sat for a while opposite a bunch of spotty polish teenage lads whose feet stank, but who were otherwise fine. except that everytime i looked up from my book they would ask a question... "what has the time?" "ummmm not me." was my reply.

but the best by far (and the last) was "excuse me for asking again, but how much money is one kilo of potatoes here?"

obviously being a tourist i hadn't a clue. shame.
thank god i didn't know turkish or i'd have never got through my book on englands history in her own words.

nice pics. :)

1:38 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Mingin'! The photies are great! Edinburgh is also full of Poles, which is great! The kids are great at school anyway. I found out that a lot of internet gambling sites are registered in Antigua. Nice to hear that I'm not the only fat basturn in this country! Hotboy

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home