Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Kachasu

Well I say!

More rain here, and quite humid, with a solid cloud cover.

I gave one of the staff (I will not say which one, for obvious reasons) a lift back to his village with some katundu. Katundu is a delightful word which means bags, or baggage or luggage.

Its always interesting to see what goes on in the villages, and by accompanying the staff member I was not immediately surrounded by strangers.














One has a chance to investigate things, and see examples of village life, for example the maize-stores, such as that shown above.

Anyway, I digress. There was an outhouse and an unusual aroma. I asked to look inside. Some embarrassed looks. I entered the outhouse and found this...



A kachasu still! I was offered a glass of the produce, and sipped a very small amount. Upon my word - it was strong!



MM III

3 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Those pictures are amazing! Katundu is a delightful word. Your pictures take me to a new world. I love it. Thank you.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Fabulous educational post! Could do with a drop of that stuff myself! Hotboy

1:32 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Disgusting toilet photo. I'll be mentioning this to Blogger at my tribunal.

2:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home