Thursday, December 22, 2005

The Fridgerator Post

Well I say!

I've never posted twice in one day before, but I've been tagged over at Carslemane's, and this time I don't want to be disqualified!

So, below please find a snap of my fridgerator as it is at the present moment, with an explanation beneath.



My fridgerator contains the following, which may not be quite clear from the snap, from top left to right:

4 avocados
2 pawpaws (from my garden)
A bowl of redskin peanuts
1 mango (early, for pickling)
1 capsicum (large)
1 piri piri
1 Mulanje Pineapple - they are the most delicious pineapples in the world - I brought this one back from our 'safari'.
Some beef which Doviko has taken and is now cooking. He says he will post the recipe.
Tonic
Some aromatic bitters for rock shandies
Milk (at back)
This evening's supply (at front) - I don't usually chill it in the bottle, but Doviko forgot to make ice today.
Matimati
Something Doviko bought in the market - it may be a gourd, but I'm not too sure.
Some sweet potatoes, which Doviko has also now taken and put in the oven.

MM III

4 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

You run a tidy fridge Menzies, I'll show the picture to Mrs McJay, maybe it'll achieve what decades of my instruction has failed to.

But I'm not sure of the health effects of all that blood swimming around, especially with all the blood-borne parasites living on your part of the world. Has anyone seen Doviko alive recently?

2:42 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Amazing you are getting attention about your fridge! I am quite astounded that at least 30% of the produce I have never heard of, let alone tasted - the piri-piri and the paw-paw. I'm sure they are tastey...and I must say I am enviously eyeing that pineapple!

3:35 AM  
Blogger zomba said...

I say, Heather.

You may know pawpaw better as papaya. Those are very small ones compared to what is on one of the trees in the garden.

I'm sure you know piri piri - as chilli pepper. The round green ones are very strong, but all I have growing just now are a few red ones.

The mango hereabouts is rather different from the ones you may get in your country. Here they are more rotund, mostly green even when ripe, and particularly fibrous.

Aromatic bitters - many uses - adds the 'pink' to you gin.

Matimati = tomato.

MM III

4:56 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Those tomatoes look tasty. If you had a little rum in there, I would have my eye on that, as I am not a gin drinker.
What are pawpaws?

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home