Thursday, December 22, 2005

Literary quiz

I say!

Here is a literary question for you. Answers in the Comments, s'il vous plait.

Inspired by Hotboy's forthcoming birthday, and his previous writings, can you say who wrote the following. Its rather risque.

"The year I turned 90, I wanted to give myself the gift of a night of wild love with an adolescent virgin."

More rain here today, with heavier storms forcast over Christmas. Excellent news for the villages and their gardens.

Below is a picture taken some time ago with my heirs, Menzies IV (standing in front of Menzies III) and Henry Morton (being given a ride), taken at the foot of the Drakensbergs. If I remember correctly, that is Cathedral Peak in the background. The film 'Zulu' was shot not too far away. What an impressive escarpment the Draks present. They ski up there sometimes, you know. I will hope to post some more photos taken in Lesotho, another very poor country economically, soon.


MM III

5 Comments:

Blogger Hotboy said...

Mingin! It's Marquez! Memories of my Melancholy Whores. I'd heard that line before, but I googled it. Memories .... great title, eh? Here's one for you. What's the connection between Henry Morton and the Falkland Islands? (H.M. is not the name of a penguin!) Hotboy

9:31 AM  
Blogger zomba said...

I say!

Spot on Hotboy. Its rather too easy what with Google and everything.

Perhaps you should write a book for every year of your life, and when you become a nonagenarian, you can begin it with something similar to Gabriel's.

I shall ponder the connection between my second born and the Falklands, and, as they say, get back to you. Ah! I have already got it. The port of Stanley is in the Falkland Islands, and my second born is, of course, named after HMS.

MM III

12:37 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

I must say! That is good news about the rain. I'm spending Christmas in Sydney, where today it was 30° Celsius, and tomorrow we've been promised 38° and hot gales. We should see some spectacular bushfires. I had hoped to to travel to Daly Waters on Boxing Day, but what's the point when there's a total fire ban in operation, and no chance of sharing a barbie with im and Spud.

The literary talk here is over my head. I'm heading over to Carsey's blog, to meet my intellectual equals. Happy Xmas.

2:28 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Menzies - thanks for viviting. re your question about turkeys on UnHeard Island. They have to be imported, so the only people here who can afford them are the retired Nazis who live on the hill.

Us commoners have to make do with stuffed penguin, which is too tough to eat unless you start marinating about September.

Here at Spud's mum's place in Sydney, we're over the riots and now more worried about bushfires. Today's forecast is 38 degrees, bone dry and windy, the perfect circumstances for fires, accidental or otherwise. But I've wrapped wet towels round the barrel, with the fan playing on the towels, so what can go wrong? Spud usually calls his mum at Xmas, so I'm hoping to have a word with him about fridges.

A Happy Xmas to all in Malawi.

2:42 PM  
Blogger zomba said...

I say Mr Robmcj!

Its at least Leonard Cohen time ("Four in the morning") here in Kalimbuka, and I have overindulged in the pink gins, I must say. Tomorrow I shall regret it.

I do hope you enjoy your stuffed penguin.

MM III

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home