Thursday, September 22, 2005

Casper and the mongoose

Casper caught the mongoose!

This is rather strange, as Casper is not fast. Think of the action of a rocking horse, and that's how Casper runs - more of a lolloping action than a greyhound.

But catch it, he did. Then he came and showed me his prize.

I didn't see the actual action - was inside refilling the MGT. I suspect that Farley did most of the chasing, and the mongoose must have simply run into Casper's mouth. Farley's quite a lad for chasing mongooses, and he IS fast.

Anyway, that means the hens should start laying again soon.

This is someone else's picture of a grey mongoose.

MM III

3 Comments:

Blogger Hotboy said...

Has Doviko got a recipe for mongoose? Can you eat it on a stick, like a suvlaki, yon Greek thing? The mongoose might not have realised the slow doggy was alive.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Oh my! I have never seen a real mongoose. That is so funny the way you described Casper. Poor Farley, he did all of the work and Casper reaped the benefits. I bet Casper was really proud of himself too. :)

3:19 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

I think I've heard this story before, possibly here

3:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home