Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Unidentified object

My, my!

Firstly, I thought I would quote a delightful paragraph from something written by Alexandra Fuller, which was quoted in a recent Smonday:

"The sun swelled to a hundred times its normal size and ate everything on the horizon"

This is a wonderful image. Not really appropriate for this time of the year hereabouts, when the air is very dusty, but come the rains, the air will clear and I will enjoy a sundowner out the back, whilst I watch this sort of thing happen.

I heard a peculiar tale in Sir Harry's the other day from Bernie. Bernie is a geologist, and last weekend the police called at his house and requested that he accompany them to Mangochi. Already in the car was someone from the Bvumbwe Agricultural Research Station who's name I forget, and on the way, they picked up Dr Mohammed from Domasi.

The police were taking the whole business very seriously, and they specifically wanted a geologist, an agriculturalist and a doctor. The purpose - to examine 'something which had fallen from the sky' about half a mile from the turn-off at Mangochi!

Well - I ask you! Bernie said there was a big crowd at the scene, which was being guarded by several more police. The army was on hand as well.

What was it, then? I asked Bernie.

It turns out is was a meteorite weighing about 20 lbs. Bernie is quite excited about examining it when it has been released from custody.

MM III

5 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

I have never seen a meteorite in real life! I imagine that would be pretty amazing.

4:02 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

The gods must be crazy.

12:55 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Substitute "bliss" for "sun" and you've got a hotboy rant. There should be a word for that. Anaplagiarism?

Does Alexandria say anything about a brain the size of a planet?

6:16 PM  
Blogger zomba said...

My Dear Robmcj,

You are absolutely correct there, dear chap.

"RaBliss swelled to a hundred times its normal size and ate everything on the horizon"

Except that in Hotboy's case, and because he is so repressed, the word for that should probably be 'Analagiarism'

MM III

11:07 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

I looked up Analagiarism in Google, and it said "Did you mean: Antiplagiarism?"

Does Analagiarism perhaps mean fear of baring once's bum in open fields? I've never suffered from that myself.

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home