Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Sudan

I say!

In response to Mr Robmcj's recent post, I am posting a few snaps taken in the Sudan, the last time Mrs M and myself were both there.

The first one shows Mrs M in typical pose - striding out for the top of a jebel, over in Kassala, near the Eritrean border.



The next one shows the view from the summit, looking towards northern Eritrea.



The third snap shows the jebel in question from Kassala town. Quite an impressive piece of geology.



The following snap shows Mrs M purchasing some cloth from a local shop. With this cloth, she created a turban for me, so that I fitted in better with the locals.



The next one shows Kassala market. Lovely fruit!



The final snap shows the Kassala equivalent of Marks & Spencers.


MM III

4 Comments:

Blogger Hotboy said...

Mingin! That looks like some godforsaken hellhole! I'm not going my holidays there. Hotboy

2:30 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

These are much better photos than at my place. But what's the connection to mine? Has the heat (35 degrees again today) fried my brain so I can't see it?

3:00 AM  
Blogger zomba said...

My dear Robmcj,

The connection is the men with turbans in some of the pictures, similar to your snap. In fact, I have another snap showing numerous men in turbans which I shall post.

If I remember correctly, until Mrs M made me a turban, I proceeded with a red pullover wrapped round my head, which was rather incongruous in the circumstances.

80 degrees in Kalimbuka today, but quite humid.

MM III

11:33 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Is it just me, or are those hills phallic?

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home